Are you sick and tired of cooking the same old recipes for your family? When life is busy, it’s easy to fall into the same pattern and feed yourself and your family the same things over and over again. With some of these recipes, it’s simple to add in more fruit and vegetables and get a variety of different tastes throughout the week. They’re tried and tested recipes that mothers and fathers have put together, so you can’t go wrong.
1. Egg Fried Rice – This is an ideal choice for lunch or dinner when you need something quick to give the kids. Full of protein and you can add a choice of your own vegetables. It’s easy to personalize and when you have cool kitchen gadgets, it’s fun to make. You can even get the kids involved if you have the time.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan – This is a delicious recipe and the whole family will love it. It’s made up of simple things that everyone loves, like chicken, pasta and cheese. When brought together it’s a meal that the kids can’t refuse. It doesn’t take up much of your time and you’ll have smiley faces once it’s all eaten.
3. Chicken Teriyaki – You’ll find a recipe for this at any supermarket. You can usually find easy cook packets or jars of sauce that will take time off your cooking. You can pair this with some fresh green vegetables for an all-round meal that will fill your stomachs at the end of a hard day.
4. Slow Cooker Pizza Pasta – Who doesn’t like Pizza? Pair it with pasta and you have a real winner. This is one of those recipes you can just leave to cook while you’re doing other things and come back when your stomachs are grumbling. To add a bit of nutritional value, whip up a quick side salad. Here’s a great recipe.
5. Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti – This is a really easy recipe to make when you just can’t be bothered at the end of the day. Grab yourself a jar of meatball sauce and some Parmesan cheese to go on top. You’ll be in heaven before you know it.
6. Your Choice Skewers – The great thing about this is you can change it up as and when you want to. Choose from a variety of different meats, including chicken, beef and even prawns. Add in some vegetables, like peppers, tomatoes or mushrooms. Then fry in a sauce of your choice and you’re good to go. This is a great one for Summer evenings if you want to eat outside.
7. Slow Cooker Casserole – One of the healthiest and quickest recipes to make. You can do all of your prep first thing in the morning and leave the cooker to do its work while you’re out. When you return a few hours later, you’ll have a delicious meal just waiting to be eaten.
Sometimes, family life can be draining but there are plenty of options when it comes to cooking that will make long days that little bit easier.